Sawdust Salad Recipe
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. lemon gelatin
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. orange gelatin
- 2 c. hot water
- 1 (#2) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 3 chopped bananas
- 1 large pkg. miniature marshmellows
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2/ pt. whipping cream
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- Jello Salad Recipes / Fruit Salad Recipes / Fashions
Dissolve the lemon and orange gelatins in the hot water and add the cold water.
- Add the crushed pineapple, bananas, and marshmallows.
- Mix and let congeal.
- Cook several minutes the pineapple juice, sugar, flour, and egg.
- Cool and pour over congealed salad mixture.
- Whip together the whipping cream and cream cheese.
- Spread on top of salad and sprinkle with grated yellow cheese if desired.