15 Minute Chicken Stock ….
What is Fifteen-Minute Chicken Stock? Hint: It is a soup or as some say stock.
Make your own and save money. After you chicken stock has been cooked for an hour or more, you may want to throw in a whole chicken and cook it for your dinner or dice for a salad or casserole. It only takes less than an hour to cook the chicken. Overcooking will make it tough and dry. So as it is tender, remove it from the stockpot. A three-pound screwing chicken will yield about three cups chopped cooked meat.
Fifteen-Minute Chicken Pot
3 to 5 pounds chicken bones, parts, and giblets, excluding the liver.
2 medium carrots, scraped and chopped
2 celery ribs, without leaves, chopped
1 large onion, unpeeled, quartered
3 parsley sprigs
2 to 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled, halved
1 bay leaf
Cold water to cover by one inch
- Put all the ingredients into a large pot with a lid. Add cold water to cover and bring slowly to a boil. Preparation to this point takes about five minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, leaving the lid ajar, and simmer for 3 hours or more. Longer cooking makes the stock more flavorful.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand until cool enough to handle. Remove the chicken parts and vegetables and discard.
- Strain the stock and cool to room temperature. This second step takes 5 minutes more.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, over night or until the fat has congealed on top.
- Remove the fat and store the stock in the freezer in containers of a volume you most often use.
- This final step completes the 15 minutes of preparation time.
Makes about 10 Cups
Note: We put vegetables, chicken, noodles, and corn in this recipe to give it a different flavor but you can choose to add what you want.
So what does it look like? Click here to see results..