Appetizers Recipes Cheese Straws
Cheese! What else can a person do with cheese other than put on bread? Well, why not try this delicious appetizer.
- 4 c plain flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper
- 1 lb. New York State Sharp Cheese
- 1 lb. margarine (soft)
- Leave cheese out overnight to soften.
- Mix by hand cheese, margarine, flour, salt, sugar, and red pepper.
- Can be squeezed out of cookie press; or roll into tiny balls and pressed with fork.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes at 350 degrees.